cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP response

Paul Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a customer who runs a script which goes off to the Call Manager Publisher to retrieve the ciscoIPPhoneDirectory so that, for internal callers the script can display the name and the extension to the CAD agent. This currently is achieved and works without issue by a Create XML Document step followed by a Get XML Document Data step. If, for whatever reason the CM Publisher is not available the script just stops, no error messages or exceptions are thrown!. What I would like to do within the script is somehow query the CM Publisher first and if no response then go off to the CM Subscriber to get IPPhone directory in other words add some fault tolerance. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use the Make REST Call step before the Create XML Document step, you can specify a timeout to wait. So, move your URL call from the Create XML Document step, in to the Make REST Call step, and then use the Response String object from the Make REST Call step as your input to the Create XML Document step,

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

You're unable to catch any of these exceptions?

Hello, thanks for your reply. There are no Exceptions thrown, it just sits there. I'm just after the ability to do some sort of check on the CM Publisher to see if it's up and running and if not go to the CM Sub.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use the Make REST Call step before the Create XML Document step, you can specify a timeout to wait. So, move your URL call from the Create XML Document step, in to the Make REST Call step, and then use the Response String object from the Make REST Call step as your input to the Create XML Document step,

Hi Anthony, thanks for your response to this. I have tried your suggestion but when running in Debug, when the it gets to the Make REST Call step it sits there for 3 minutes 8 seconds and then returns a 412 status code! The script then carries on down the Unsuccessful branch. The Timeout was set to 3000. This is using an IP address that is invalid i.e. trying to simulate the Call Manager Publisher server being unavailable. So, in a sense it is doing what I require but the wait time of 3 minutes is not good. I have altered the timeout from 3000 to 2000 and then to 200 but it is always 3 mins before the script starts again. Any thoughts?

Hi Anthony, done some digging and it is a known bug (Cisco Bug: CSCuy92967) on my version of UCCX (v10.6(1). There are no workarounds unfortunately and the fix is to go to 11.5(1.11001.34) ☹.

Darn.  That's always a bummer when you're that close to a solution, and then some defect stands in your way.  Good research on your part though.  Bug searching can be daunting.

😊 I know. Thanks again for you advice.