Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script lock

rmanakadav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

can anyone help in below issue with script editor .

when i try to save a script i am getting error "you cannot update script because you do not own the script lock " .i checked and couldn't find any script lock.

this was happening in all the script and in both production and testing servers as well .  Also compared the AD groups assigned to me with other team members and its same  .This is first time i am accessing the script editor from this serversscript_lock.png

20 Replies 20

More than likely someone else has that script open and in edit mode. In script editor did you check under File > Script Locks?

david

I am going to take a wild guess that you can't make any configuration changes. Can you add a call type? Considering this is happening on two environments that should not be related, I'm going to guess a group policy was applied and it's causing some issue with the router. If you can continue living like this I would investigate what the change was first before restarting anything. If you restart and can't come back up you're in a bigger pot of boiling water.

david

@david.macias  not sure what changes has made as others in my team can able to do .i can do other works like adding and updating call types, user variable etc .by restarting are you referring to restart any services or server ?

rmanakadav
Level 1
Level 1

HI @david.macias  couldn't find any script lock under File->Script Locks also this is happening for all the scripts in production and even trying from our test servers  

Does it happen just for you, or any user? Did it just start happening? What version of CCE?

Also, aside from the questions I asked below, what shows when you look in Lock Admin (not in Script Editor, but from the main Admin Tool menu)?

@bill.king1  this is happening only for me and i am accessing script editor for the first time from this servers .below i can see from Lock Admin. version is PCCE 11.6

script-lock2.png

In the screenshot though, the ones with red, does it have your name and the script you have? If you quit out of script editor, do those locks release? Or are those scripts always locked.
If this is the first time you specifically are accessing Script Editor and it is only impacting you, are you sure your user is set up correctly?

Does anyone else have the same problem from that server?

david

rmanakadav
Level 1
Level 1

@bill.king1  those script locks in screenshot are for another users .when i try to edit any script i can see script locks in my name appears and when i exit it automatically goes .As you mentioned i believe its something with my profile creation only .i cross verified the AD groups assigned to me with other team members and all is same . need to check further in this. Thanks 

Make sure you're in the right AD groups, and also that your user isn't associated with some limited feature control set in UCCE for instance that might be jacking you up.

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have a look under icmdba config/setup groups and see your ID is added there appropriately.

rmanakadav
Level 1
Level 1

@piyush aghera  are you mentioning the AD groups

Yes, you can also verify under Domain Manager, navigate to your instance and see if your username is added under Config members. BTW, I was referring Domain Manager in my previous comment, dont know why i typed ICMDBA..

Regards,

Piyush

BLOG