cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Insert Calling Party Name / Number

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

I'd like to be able to modify the Calling party name / number before the call is passed to an agent, so that I can use TAPI on the agent desktop to perform different functions.

example

A caller presses 1 in an script and the CPN is changed to "New call". A Caller presses 2 in a script and the CPN is changed to "Query call". The application monitoring the TSP can detect the CPN and perform a different "screen pop" for the different names.

I can use the get call contact info step to retrieve the CLI of the caller, but there isn't a step to set call contact info, to allow modification of the CLI / CPN. If I could change the CLI it would be clunky but good enough for me to identify callers for TAPI by prefixing 1* or 2*.

Has anyone written a java step using the SDK that can do this, or know of another way of achieving the end goal.

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Modifying the calling party number would definitely require custom scripting, and if it's possible at all, you would need CallManager 4.x with the new feature to allow CTI apps to modify the calling party number (which was introduced to allow better scalability for E911 Responder).

Can your application be directed from the command line in any way/shape/form, or be consistenly driven by keystroke macros? The Cisco Agent Desktop software has a reasonably usable macro facility wherein you can execute commands or play keystrokes when the phone starts ringing or when it's picked up. You can pass your "New Call" vs. "Query Call" status down to the Agent as an Enterprise Variable, and the CAD macros can pass that to your application by those same means.

Hhmmm, that would work, but it just seems a bit clunky.

I'd really like to automate the whole proccess. I guess I need to have a look at how the ability has been given to CTI apps and see if I can re-create it.

Thanks for the suggestion though, being able to notify the agent is at least a step in the right direction.

Paul