Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Agent Login UCCX 10.6.1

Mike Dingman
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX 10.6.1 CUPS 10.5.2  CUCM 10.5.2

Is it possible to have agents login to CAD with only Jabber (v11.6.2)as their phone client?  Obviously we are trying to avoid licensing issues with the desktop phones and CIPC.  I've tried unsuccessfully logging into CAD with only Jabber open.  I get the error "Login failed due to configuration error.  Please ask your system administrator to associate your phone with RM JTAPI Provider user ID according to the instructions in the Admin Guide."

Edit:  I was able to login to CAD with only Jabber open after removing the CIPC phone from the RMCM application user.  My next question is all my call center agents don't appear to have a Jabber device profiles.  Are their license considerations if I created the requisite profiles?  I'm afraid it's gong to be a wash whether I use CIPC or Jabber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes Jabber device (CSF for desktop jabber) is just like a phone from licensing perspective, it will use Enhanced UCL license in CUCM, if you have CUWL or Enhanced Plus then you can have 10 or 2 devices associated to single user respectively.  

Also, keep in mind shared line is not supported for ACD extensions, so if your end goal is to use Jabber and Desk phone for agent both of them cannot have the same ACD extension.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes Jabber device (CSF for desktop jabber) is just like a phone from licensing perspective, it will use Enhanced UCL license in CUCM, if you have CUWL or Enhanced Plus then you can have 10 or 2 devices associated to single user respectively.  

Also, keep in mind shared line is not supported for ACD extensions, so if your end goal is to use Jabber and Desk phone for agent both of them cannot have the same ACD extension.

Thank You...that's what I thought just a confirmation.