cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pulling Call Variable Info while doing silent Monitoring.

Hi,

I am pretty new to Cisco Finesse Customization and making gadgets but successfully modified some gadgets.

One question, could we show agents call variable information to Supervisors while doing silent monitoring. Call dialogue information does not automatic to supervisor desktop. How could pass call variable information to the superviosr desktop?

Thanks

Sultan Al Arf 

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sultan,

When a supervisor does a silent monitor, it creates a new call between the supervisor and the agent (of course silently). As a result, this is a new call id. Therefore, the supervisor does not have access to dialog information (call variables) of the agent's call with the customer.

The only way I can think of is to build a custom gadget for the agent desktop that updates the silent monitor call leg with the same call variables & values as the call they are currently on. This gadget would have to detect that a supervisor is silent monitoring them (take a look at the SilentMonitoredSampleGadget) and use the call data update API against the silent monitor call leg.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

It helps a lot and  make sence. I will try to go throught SilentMonitoredSampleGadget and hope I can pull call variable data from Agent desktop.

Thanks

Sultan Al Arif

Hi Denise,

I tried you follow your guideline but getting fail while call is in options.content[this.getRestType()] =

"User's call state is: ACTIVE, it's a SM call so will not display it" shows in console output.

Will wait for your feedback.

updateCallVariable = function ()
    {
        //this.isLoaded();

// var CallVariable=
          //      {
            //        "name" : callVariable1,
              //      "value" : 123456789
                //};
        var callvariables =
            {
                "CallVariable" :
                {
                    "name" : "callVariable1",
                    "value" : "123456789"
                }
            };

var mediaProperties =
        {
            "callvariables" : callvariables
        };

// options = options || {};
       var options = {};
        //options.content = {};
        options.content[this.getRestType()] =
        {
            "requestedAction": finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions.UPDATE_CALL_DATA,
            "mediaProperties": mediaProperties
        };
        options.method = "PUT";
        this.restRequest(this.getRestUrl(), options);

return this;
    },
    /**

Hi,

I tried this scenario out using API and I was mistaken. I forgot that Finesse restricts the agent being silent monitored from having any actions on the call. As a result, the update call data API request would fail since it isn't part of the agent's list.

Hm. I can't think of a solution right now from a Finesse standpoint. The only way I can think of is to use the CTI Messages to get the data.

Thanx,

Denise

Dear @dekwan

We are using your embedded web app gadget to show customer info to agents. data is passed to the gadget by Enterprise variables and gadget data loads automatically when a new call arrives.

The problem is when the supervisor barges in the call using silent monitor, the gadget data gets empty for the agent.

Do you have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Hi,

Are you using the CTI messages to update the call data of the barge? As stated in my previous reply, the supervisor barge is a new call leg and therefore doesn't take the call variables from the agent to caller call.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks a lot, Denise.

After a long time, I logged in today. I saw somewhere else that it's not possible. But you said it could be possible from CTI data, where to start then. Could you please help me.

Hi,

Yes, it is possible from the CTI data.

If you are using UCCE, here is the documentation: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cti-protocol/overview/

If you are using UCCX, here is the documentation: Cisco DevNet: Express CTI - Overview

They each have their respective support forums that can be found in the links above. So any questions about the CTI messages, you can post it to the respective forums.

Thanx,

Denise

I know you mentioned doing this via Finesse, but just throwing this out there, some of the recording solutions that interact with Cisco include screen recording, which of course would capture the variables as well. May not be an option for you/you might not be using that type of solution, but wanted to mention it in case it saves you development work/helps justify the cost for a recording solution that addresses multiple needs.