cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending Call Variables with other Action instead of UPDATE_CALL_DATA

jasdanh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I want to use the PUT method request for TRANSFER.  The xml has the main elements toAddress and targetMediaAdress.  I was wondering if I can also add mediaProperties element with call variables and submit the request with the TRANSFER action.  The developers documentation only shows toAddress and targetMediaAddress for the TRANSFER action - so I'm curious if I can also add the mediaproperties too even though the document api does not specify it.  I wanted to do this for simplicity instead of doing a separate UPDATE_CALL_DATA action.  This is not only for TRANSFER action I want to do this for but for any Dialog actions (ex. CONFERENCE etc.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately not. Finesse doesn't allow you to update call variables using the "Take an Action on a participant" API. You would have to do what you had already mentioned, to do a separate UPDATE_CALL_DATA request.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately not. Finesse doesn't allow you to update call variables using the "Take an Action on a participant" API. You would have to do what you had already mentioned, to do a separate UPDATE_CALL_DATA request.

Thanx,

Denise

Ok thanks