cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner emails

jtouchet
Level 1
Level 1

When agents are typing a response to an email in Finesse, if a call comes in, how can I immediately stop any further typing in the application and take the call?

Thank You,

Joey Touchet

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jsuneja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you are typing reply on finesse desktop for an email your body content gets auto saved to drafts. There is a timer which saves the mail you are typing into drafts every 3 mins. So you can stop typing, attend the call and return back to your mail tab and continue typing response further.

View solution in original post

That is not possible.

Email is an off-line channel and considered of less immediate priority than voice. Hence we have not built the ability to block voice calls when working on emails.

Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

Joey,

We built a Mediarouting API for Cisco UCCX that changes the finesse state, so if you want to focus an agent on a non-voice task, the agent would be "busy" from a Finesse Voice perspective. I agree with the other authors that Emails are tendentially less prioritary than voice calls, but in the case of chat, this is not always the case, hence the reason for this connector.

http://www.expertflow.com/uccx-media-routing/

media-routing-architecture-uccx-ucce-cisco-intro.png

Cheers, Andreas

6 Replies 6

jsuneja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you are typing reply on finesse desktop for an email your body content gets auto saved to drafts. There is a timer which saves the mail you are typing into drafts every 3 mins. So you can stop typing, attend the call and return back to your mail tab and continue typing response further.

That is perfect. That you very much for your help.

My customer want's the inverse.

They want that when typing on finesse email, no voice call rings for that agent.

But still ready for both voice and email.

There is a way to accomplish that?

That is not possible.

Email is an off-line channel and considered of less immediate priority than voice. Hence we have not built the ability to block voice calls when working on emails.

Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

Joey,

We built a Mediarouting API for Cisco UCCX that changes the finesse state, so if you want to focus an agent on a non-voice task, the agent would be "busy" from a Finesse Voice perspective. I agree with the other authors that Emails are tendentially less prioritary than voice calls, but in the case of chat, this is not always the case, hence the reason for this connector.

http://www.expertflow.com/uccx-media-routing/

media-routing-architecture-uccx-ucce-cisco-intro.png

Cheers, Andreas

Thank You, that is good to know.