Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE or WxCC ?

Hello,

Mods please excuse me if this is not the right platform to ask this question. I want to apologize upfront if any of these questions are not valid as I m very new to the Contact Center space.

I have spent about 6 years doing CUCM installs and dabbled a bit with UCCX. I want to get in to Contact Center and I thought the obvious choice would be UCCE but after speaking with a few colleagues I got these two general observations and I wanted to pick the brains of this community to get their thoughts:

1. It is a very difficult product and it will take years to learn it.

2. There are some changes coming to UCCE including moving the UCCE components to the cloud (I have no idea if there is any basis for this info)

I am now thinking if I should invest my time learning something that would take a long time to learn or skip UCCE and just do WxCC ?

also is there any overlap between UCCE and WxCC ?

any help will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gdemelo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The two points you listed in your question are correct, for the most part. Learning UCCE is a gigantic undertaking. It takes years to become proficient at it. I also came from the UC/UCCX side of the house and started doing UCCE much later into my career and I can tell you that it is a very steep learning curve.

The UCCE move to the cloud has already taken place; customers can now purchase either the traditional on-prem UCCE solution, or the Cisco hosted and managed cloud solution, which is called WCCE.

WxCC would be a much easier transition for you.

Regarding the overlapping question, UCCE and WxCC have completely different tools and interfaces. So, aside from the high-level features that you would expect in any contact center solution (e.g., agents, skill groups, reporting, etc.), there is very little overlap between them.

Regards,

-Gus

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Have you considered looking at other CC cloud providers? Anything you get into will take some time to learn well, probably years. So I wouldn't use that as a gate. I think the biggest thing to think about is why are you interested in learning a CC product and which makes the most sense?

david

gdemelo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The two points you listed in your question are correct, for the most part. Learning UCCE is a gigantic undertaking. It takes years to become proficient at it. I also came from the UC/UCCX side of the house and started doing UCCE much later into my career and I can tell you that it is a very steep learning curve.

The UCCE move to the cloud has already taken place; customers can now purchase either the traditional on-prem UCCE solution, or the Cisco hosted and managed cloud solution, which is called WCCE.

WxCC would be a much easier transition for you.

Regarding the overlapping question, UCCE and WxCC have completely different tools and interfaces. So, aside from the high-level features that you would expect in any contact center solution (e.g., agents, skill groups, reporting, etc.), there is very little overlap between them.

Regards,

-Gus

Hi @gdemelo , can you clarify the WCCE piece you reference? Aside from a partner hosted UCCE solution like this https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/hosted-collaboration-solution-contact-center/index.html, where is true PCCE/UCCE features being deployed in the cloud? Webex Contact Center Enterprise has some pieces, but not like UCCE/PCCE does.

While there are differences between UCCE and WCCE, the later supports many of the same features available in UCCE (e.g., CVP Call Studio applications, Finesse, precision routing, etc.) WCCE is a natural migration path for customers that want to move to the Cisco cloud while keeping their UCCE features. From the data sheet:

====

Webex CCE provides information routing services based on Cisco’s Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) technology.

====

Regards,

-Gus

amith80kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can someone please help me understand what components Cisco retained in webexCC from UCCE and what components are new?

Regards
Amith

It depends on what you're comparing. CCE vs WebexCCE (note the extra E), it is a number of same components/concepts, but on premise vs. cloud.
If you're comparing CCE to WebexCC (no E), there's no similar components (IMHO).

CCE vs WebexCCE. Are all the components such as opc, pim, jtapi processes same in webexCCE or we need to relearn the processes?

WxCCE is CCE with some bells and whistles, but the core components are the same.

david

thanks you for the information @david.macias 

Would it be right to say that if you are learning UCCE it is going to help you with implementing WebexCCE ?

Yes, I think that would be fair to say.

david