Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE virtual memory increase

Engnr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I wonder if any of you have increased the vRAM on your UCCE Rogers/Aw-HDS beyond the prescribed by OVA numbers? I.e. if Rogger is said to have 6GB by the OVA can I make it 8?  SQL is eating memory plus there is some other management and security apps constantly running as well.

thx

3 Replies 3

Yes we have, based on TAC recommendations at various points after we've encountered issues (like increasing resources on the HDS for instance).
However, in our experience, the recommendation to increase RAM or add additional cores for system X in version Y is not the same that they will give for system X in version Y+1 after you upgrade. So you're forced to either add the additional resources without that blessing, or potentially wait until you have an issue after you go to the new system and deal with it then. Just our personal experience.

Thanks, so say if you are at v12.0 and you increased +2GB memory on Roggers and/or HDS after TAC recommended, then you need TAC to reconfirm +2GB for the same increase after you upgrade in v12.6 correct ?

Also what’s your memory utilization on roggers and HDS, did you cap memory usage on MSSQL server or leave it dynamic? MSSQL grows its memory usage dynamically and eats up lots of vRAM but it is my understanding that this is by nature and it will release it if other processes need it.

thanks! 

With UCCE, you can increase the virtual specs. Just adding more memory is not going to stop your issue. As another user mentioned, you need to cap the SQL memory usage.

And need to find which SQL query is eating your memory. I have seen several OOTB CUIC queries had (no lock) in some of their Realtime queries which ended up taking the whole SQL memory to max utilization to the point it made the PCCE portal unusable.

I have used this tool before - www.whoisactive.com

Thanks

Senthil