Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11 - ScreenPop Gadget is Blank

Jagpreet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am trying to use a Screen Pop Sample gadget from the DevNet Sample Gadget list. I am using this with UCCX 11. The gadget loads fine to the Finesse Layout. I am using a Custom Call Variable which acts as my string to be searched in the pop up. The variable string is coming to the Finesse just fine because I can see it if I use it in the Call Variable Layout.

The gadget is blank when a call comes in. It expands to accommodate the webpage result, but never shows the webpage. The iframe works if I use it in a browser directly.

This happens in all browsers.

Is this a compatibility issue and if so, when will there be sample gadgets compatible with version 11?

Regards,

Jagpreet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

One change that might work, especially with mixed mode, is to not specify the protocol.

For example, you might have HTTP or HTTPS, simply use //

Such as //myresource.com/gadget

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jagpreet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Checking in to see if someone could assist?

Regards,

Jagpreet

The best way to reference in, version 11, the main JavaScript libraries is...

<!-- jQuery -->          
<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
<!-- Finesse Library -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/finesse.js"></script>
Also, some CRMs like Salesforce do not allow themselves to be loaded into an IFRAME anymore.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did try using the libraries on the UCCX itself, but still the same issue. Copied the directories from the default folder and moved them to the 3rdpartgadget directory and corrected the path in the reference XML/HTML file, but still no go.

Also, I am loading the default webpages like the search engine "bing" or "dogpile" which are already written in the sample gadget business logic file.

Regards,

Jagpreet

Hi Jagpreet,

Are you using firefox? I just tested the screenpop sample on my UCCX 11 lab system. It works as long as you have firefox set to allow mixed content. You will see a little shield next to the URL in the address bar.  Here is a screenshot:

firefox.jpg

Let me know if that resolves it for you!

- Brad

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I cam across this and tried it out. Even tried it in IE by adding the site to the Mixed Mode list. Still face the same issue.

Regards,

Jagpreet

Jagpreet,

I tested it again and found that temporarily allowing the content didn't work. I have mixed mode allowed in the firefox config. See below:

mixed-mode.jpg

When Finesse loads do you see the place holder text for the screenpop gadget?The sample gadget should look like below.

placeholder.jpg

Another thing to remember is that the finesse server caches the gadgets. If you make changes to the gadgets and refresh finesse desktop this doesn't pull down the changes. You need to add ?nocache to the URL: https://finesse-server:8445/desktop?nocache.This will force finesse to pull a fresh copy instead of using the cached data. This has tripped me up a bunch of times.

Outside of that, do you see anything pertaining to the ScreenPop gadget Firefoxe's console?

One change that might work, especially with mixed mode, is to not specify the protocol.

For example, you might have HTTP or HTTPS, simply use //

Such as //myresource.com/gadget