Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX_8.0_Web_Services

Valber Carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

How can I connect in a Web Service (WSDL) using a UCCX Editor 8.0?

I would like to know if someone has a good sample to send me. I am seeing some foruns here, but I didn't find anything that can help me.

Some guys are talking about Java Classes, but how can I manipulate them? I need to see a real example.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you!

Valber Carvalho

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

is it something that is expected to change frequently, or not?

If not, then you can use the poor man's way to create XML objects by concatenating strings (DISCLAIMER: yes, I know it's not good, it's not nice, it's not elegant, but it works). So basically, you just create a SOAP request (~ XML) using a Set step, and then post it to the web service, then just use UCCX's built in support for parsing XML using XPATH.

Of course, if your web service is more complicated and you want to do that the right way, you'll have to use a Java framework to make UCCX act like a WS client. I did that once, using Axis2 - that was a nightmare, never again. I'd recommend to take a look at the JAX-WS RI stack.

I am sorry I cannot give you a sample script at this point, but I might be able to do some research during the weekend - this is an interesting thing and I definitely want to get it working.

G.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

is it something that is expected to change frequently, or not?

If not, then you can use the poor man's way to create XML objects by concatenating strings (DISCLAIMER: yes, I know it's not good, it's not nice, it's not elegant, but it works). So basically, you just create a SOAP request (~ XML) using a Set step, and then post it to the web service, then just use UCCX's built in support for parsing XML using XPATH.

Of course, if your web service is more complicated and you want to do that the right way, you'll have to use a Java framework to make UCCX act like a WS client. I did that once, using Axis2 - that was a nightmare, never again. I'd recommend to take a look at the JAX-WS RI stack.

I am sorry I cannot give you a sample script at this point, but I might be able to do some research during the weekend - this is an interesting thing and I definitely want to get it working.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for reply me.

About the changes, I think that it depends on the situation (customer), because of this I would like to develop something that had an easy maintenance. I will read what you recommended about JAX-WS RI to try the best way to proceed. Could you post a sample in the future if you develop anything, please?

Thank you,

Valber