Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9 : failed to load script

mr_cisco_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to load a script but I get this error:

Failed to load script file; com.cisco.ScriptException: Failed to load script: \default\scriptname.aef; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdom.Document

This is script is using a custom java class.  I did not write this script.

Found this doc:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-49673

I have confirmed the jar files are in document management > default > classpath 

I have also confirmed the jar files have are in Custom Classes Configuration > selected classpath entries.

I'm opening the script on UCCX itself (ie not from my PC), and I downloaded and installed the editor from UCCX.

If I unzip the jdom jar file I see Document.class

What am I missing? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out.  The script is using a datatype from jdom 1.x but that jar file was not loaded to UCCX.  Once I did that I could open the script.

No clue why we have jdom 1.x datatype when jdom 2.x jar file is uploaded.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

So when you are trying to open a UCCX script in script editor installed on your PC, you are seeing this error, right? or you are seeing it in UCCX logs.

The error is in the script editor.

Did you restart the Cisco Unified CCX Engine and Cisco Unified CCX Administration services after adding the jar files on the Custom Classes Configuration page before testing the script.

1.JPG

Yes.  In fact I even rebooted the server.  

Ok so first thing you have to make sure is that you login to the script editor using admin credentials and not anonymously.

once you do that your CCX script editor tries to connect to uccx and download the required jar files to support the custom scripts.

the downloaded jar files found under Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_1001\Documents\User\default\classpath

or in Temp folder.

if they are there you should be able to launch the script which has them referenced, if not you have to troubleshoot why are they not able to be downloaded (antivrus or any other blocking factors.)

i would say try with other machines also and see if you are able to launch there and see the jar files downloaded from UCCX.

I figured it out.  The script is using a datatype from jdom 1.x but that jar file was not loaded to UCCX.  Once I did that I could open the script.

No clue why we have jdom 1.x datatype when jdom 2.x jar file is uploaded.