Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Change Priority after waiting 5 min in Queue

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Is it possible (or even a good idea) to change the Priority of a call while it is in the queue? I would like to increase Priority after a call has been waiting for 5 minutes.

We have 2 different Priority Groups (P1 and P5) across a dozen CSQs. The problem is that under high traffic the P5 calls shut out the P1 calls. This only happens a few times a month. I would add a Set Priority step under the Select Resources->Queued step. I am assuming this would put the call at the back of the P5 FIFO list.

Will this work, or is there a better way to solve the problem?

Thanks, Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like it would work. If you want to leave the calls in the same queue, you would do the 'set priority' in the queued branch when the required condition(s) are met (like wait time in excess of 300 seconds). You are already experiencing the queue starvation issue, so you'll have to keep an eye on things in case this method creates another problem. You could also consider offering a call back option during high traffic times.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

It sounds like it would work. If you want to leave the calls in the same queue, you would do the 'set priority' in the queued branch when the required condition(s) are met (like wait time in excess of 300 seconds). You are already experiencing the queue starvation issue, so you'll have to keep an eye on things in case this method creates another problem. You could also consider offering a call back option during high traffic times.