Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is service explorer label seen in IP IVR which is configured in ICM

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are doing trans route to VRU in ICM script for sending call to IP IVR.We we have a Service created for IP IVR A and IP IVR B.

If I go to service explorer I see Service created

IPIVR_A.TransRoute.SVC

Which has a route --> IPIVR_A.TransRoute.SVC which has a Peripheral Target --> 1111 and a Label created ---> Label Type "Normal" and number "1111"

If I go to IP IVR I dont see anything with "1111"

As we IP IVR getting started guide I should see

Please let me know if I am missing anything here ??

Regards,

DJ

5 Replies 5

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi DJ,

You need to configure this label in IPIVR as transalation trigger. This will not come automatically in IPIVR when you configure it in ICM.

Regards,

Sasikumar.

Hi All,

Thanks for the input.I checked the system and we dont have any CTI RP or Trigger with 1111.

But we have different numbers set...May be 1111 was just configured and its never used ??

Is there anything else I need to check before doing a clean up ??

Kindly let me know

Regards,

DJ

you have to make sure 1111 is not utilized for different service in CUCM.

if nothing uses that number, just go ahead and configure it in IP IVR, respective CTI RP will automatically appear in CUCM.

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Peripheral target and label is used to match a call when it returns on target peripheral.

Lets say the Call is coming through CUCM to ICM and you do a translation route to send the call to IP IVR. ICM then sends the Label to CUCM to route the call to IP IVR. At the same time, ICM sends the Peripheral target to IP IVR so that it expect the call to arrive.

If there is no number manipulation, both of these numbers are same. But it can be different.

Once CUCM gets the label which is a route point number on CUCM pointing to IP-IVR. CUCM sends the call to IP IVR which waits for this call because ICM asked it to monitor the arrival of this call. IP-IVR then notifies the ICM that translation route call has arrived and ICM continues through the script.

let me know if this clarifies.

Thanks

Abu

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

the label must be created as trigger in IP IVR and assigned Cisco ICM Translation route type of application, respective CTI RP will automatically gets created in CUCM from IP IVR.

also you need to create call control group in IP IVR and assign that to trigger, respective CTI Ports will automatically get created in CUCM from IP IVR. and lastly your VRU pim for IP IVR should be up.