Helpful
Replies

WxCC Widget error message: Component not registered

vvazquez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am trying this example:

https://github.com/WebexSamples/webex-contact-center-api-samples/tree/main/widget-samples/addressbook-widget-sample

it is working running on my latpop, andnow I would like to host bundle.js online. When I try to load the widget it doesn't work, and I can see in the browser console:

"status":"errorRegister","errorMessage":"Script 'myURl/bundle.js' loaded but 'sa-address-book' component not registered"
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @vvazquez ,

This is potentially a hosting problem or an issue in the layout configuration.

For example have hosted these samples for free on the cloud for internal demos and it works well, I will ping you the details 1:1 so you can reuse it.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunabh.

View solution in original post

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As discussed 1:1 the issue is the Desktop needs the widget hosted on a CDN or file storage, and not a indirect link like the github repo link to the file. 

So the solution is to host the bundle.js on a cloud storage of some sort, e.g S3, GCP Cloud storage, onRender, or similar

When checking the "script" tag the layout engine has to render the raw, compiled, JS code as a web component.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunabh.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @vvazquez ,

This is potentially a hosting problem or an issue in the layout configuration.

For example have hosted these samples for free on the cloud for internal demos and it works well, I will ping you the details 1:1 so you can reuse it.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunabh.

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As discussed 1:1 the issue is the Desktop needs the widget hosted on a CDN or file storage, and not a indirect link like the github repo link to the file. 

So the solution is to host the bundle.js on a cloud storage of some sort, e.g S3, GCP Cloud storage, onRender, or similar

When checking the "script" tag the layout engine has to render the raw, compiled, JS code as a web component.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunabh.