cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PNP Error

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am back trying to find out why my PNP job's in the projects panel of the APIC-EM dashboard are showing this error:

Received response from pnp agent for message correlatorId: CiscoPnP-1.0-34-279-3C1CD910-34 but with error code : ZTD_CMD_ERROR Response String: PERMISSION_DENIED:authorization failed

I have tried it with and without a username and password to the bulk upload file and the configurations/image seems to get deployed to the switch just fine.  Adam or anybody else is there a know reason for this error?  I have been googling for it but haven't found anything useful yet.

Is it safe to ignore and move on?  I am i missing something like a cert?    I am using the latest APIC-EM build with basically a base PNP configuration.

The hardware are 3650/3850 switches

Any suggestions or input is welcomed and I am happy to post my results to help the community.

John Palmason

3 Replies 3

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

I am embarrassed to say that I have posted this error before a few moths back and didn't remember as I got busy with other projects.  Adam has answered the question but I wonder why it hasn't been fixed with the new release.

here is the link to the forum post that answers this question:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/228837#228837

John Palmason

Hi John,

what version of IOS are you running on the switches?

The fix requires IOS support as well as APIC-EM.

Adam

From the PnP release notes:

AAA device credential support. The AAA credentials are passed to the device securely and the password is not logged. This feature allows provisioning a device with a configuration that contains aaa authorization commands. This feature requires software release IOS 15.6(3)M1, IOS XE 16.3.2, or IOS XE 16.4 or later on the device.