Views
Helpful
Replies

Python pnp server workings?

bsestan71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upload a configuration with the  upgrade-config task on a switch in my local network by using the pnpserver.py script.

It's not showing any errors but it doesn't seem to work either.

Changes that I did:

I've placed and compiled the pnpserver.py on a windows 2008 server, changed the policy file just for the upgrade-config part, created a self-signed certificate for HTTPs testing in OpenSSL. Regarding the signal handler request (SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2) , I've terminated it by putting the SIGTERM instead.

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, sig_handler_usr1)

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, sig_handler_usr2)

I know signal handlers are a UNIX "thing" so I didn't know what to do else.

Can you give me some inputs to use the script to make it actually work? Is there any documentation for the pnpserver.py

I don't have experiences of using python scripts for network automation and management.

The executing command is

python pnp_server.py --http --port 9443 -f service-template.xml  --preconfig policy -i 10.x.x.x where 10.x.x.x is the IP address of the web server where the script is executed

The switch is IE 3000 -8TC, IOS: 15.2(5)E

3 Replies 3

nan.zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also interested in PnP for cisco router automation configuration. Would you please share your pnp-server.py script with me. I am so interested in how to build the communication from pnp server with pnp client.

Please drop me a line at nan.zhang@ursys.com.au

Much appreciated! Nanzhang

Don't see any answer, consider post this question in

Standard Device Interfaces & Models

?

Hi Yawchen,

Thanks for your reply. I have not successfully implement the PnP, do you have any idea or suggestions about this issue? Thanks.

Warm regards,

Nan