Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble connecting to sandbox via AnyConnect

rkorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I started up a new UCCX 10.6 (and now 11.5) Sandbox but am unable to connect via AnyConnect with the following error:

The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt.  A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication.

The following message was received from the secure gateway: No assigned address

I should mention that I was able to connect yesterday from the office. Once I attempted from home I received the error. I remoted into a machine on the network at work and attempted to connect but received the same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

28 Replies 28

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Richard and Jamon,

I have a challenge for you, if you're willing to accept.

After several of us making reservations on the Sandbox team yesterday, we are having some difficulty replicating this issue on our side. We would be grateful if one or both of you would be willing to make a few reservations and let us know if you can replicate the issue. Once replicated, we will take over you reservation so we can pinpoint the issue. We will also collect your details (OS, AnyConnect Version, etc.) for our troubleshooting purposes.

To make this easier for you, I've updated your accounts to allow 3 concurrent reservations at a time. So there's no need to cancel your existing reservations, simply just create a new one for UCCX to see if the issue is replicated. We will leave your accounts with the ability to reserve 3 labs at a time as a token of our gratitude.

Please let us know if you're willing to give it a shot!

Thanks!
Jacob

Good morning Jacob,

So I did accept your challenge and unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the issue because I was actually able to connect to the sandbox using Anyconnect. I was able to login to UC manager as well. Whatever the problem was seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for your quick response and help!!

Thanks,

Jamon Mason

Network Engineer, Network and Security Services

Availity | 10752 Deerwood Park Blvd S. Ste 110, Jacksonville FL 32256

P 904.470.4582 | C 912.481.1767

Jamon.Mason@availity.com<mailto:Jamon.Mason@availity.com>

<http://www.availity.com/>

Great Jamon,

Thanks for trying! We're getting closer to the cause, it's very intermittent.

Thanks!

Jacob

Hey Jacob,

I accept the challenge and will attempt a new reservation Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Richard

Hey Richard!

Thanks for doing this! We were able to replicate this on our side once or twice. We're still working on the resolution, but it appears that the VPN session isn't tearing down properly. When you'd try to connect again the ASA seems to still register the old connection, and it won't allow you to connect in again. We're working on this issue and will post an update when we've gotten to the bottom of all of this!

We have a short-term fix for this. If you happen to see this issue again please shoot us a question on this forum and we can help out.

Thanks for all of the help from the community! It really helps us speed along this process!

Thanks!

Jacob

I started a UCCX 10.6 Reservation Monday and reconnected today without issue.

Thanks for helping out all!

We've identified a few issues and have a fix ready to go into production hopefully today! There's another lingering issue that's still being investigated! Thanks for the patience, we'll have this working normally soon.

Thanks!

Jacob

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we've put the fix into production about 1 week ago. We've seen a reduction in VPN issues. Please post here if you spot this issue again!

Thanks!
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

The issue seems to be happening again in much the same way. The current session it's occurring in is:

128.107.93.228:20125 which is a UCCX 10.6 sandbox. It occurred in a previous session yesterday so I spun up another. Today, it begun happening again after attempting to connect to the VPN from home a moment ago.

Thanks,

Richard

richard

what os are you running what patch version ofthe os are you running (if any)  and what version of Anyconnect are you running. Are you running ipv6 or ipv4.

Thanks

I responded to your email but never got a response. The issue is occurring again on 128.107.93.228:20131

Again, I started the sandbox in one location, disconnected, changed location, and am now unable to connect.

hi richard.

Apologies but i cant find that email, so if you could post the answers to the following again it would be very appreciated.

-what os are you running what patch version ofthe os are you running (if any)  and what version of Anyconnect are you running. Are you running ipv6 or ipv4.

Also, on your session, i checked and cleared your session 20131. the reasoning this is happening, is primarily due to abnormal disconnection from the vpn tunnel from the user. were looking to resolve this by upgrading the firmware in the next maintenance update.

Hi Ecorban,

I'm on Windows 7 SP1 using ipv4. I usually just put my laptop to sleep and leave rather than explicitly disconnecting which would explain the "abnormal disconnection."

Thanks for the help! I am able to connect to 20131 again.

Same thing happened to me.  Laptop went to sleep, probably abnormal disconnection.  Now sit and wait for the timeout.