Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping switches in "Overview of Resource Reservation in Sandbox"

martingryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm doing the first module in the NX-OS programmability track and everything went according to plan (generally) but after bringing up the VPN, I cannot ping the management interface of any of the NXs, "server 1" or "server 2".    I *am* able to ping the "centos" and "windows" workstations.

Looking at my routing table locally after the vpn is up shows routes being added by the VPN software;

172.16.30.0/24 and 10.10.20.0/24 but I'm only able to reach hosts on the latter, not the former.  Using traceroute and the VPN stats tab, I can see the packets going off to devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com but nothing comes back if the target is a host on the first network listed above.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

crnewman
Level 5
Level 5

I checked the system and don't see any current NX-OS reservations, so I'm unable to troubleshoot your specific issue.  I recommend you try another reservation and see if the problem re-occurs.  If it does, please extend the reservation to the extent possible to give us an opportunity to troubleshoot. 

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

crnewman
Level 5
Level 5

I checked the system and don't see any current NX-OS reservations, so I'm unable to troubleshoot your specific issue.  I recommend you try another reservation and see if the problem re-occurs.  If it does, please extend the reservation to the extent possible to give us an opportunity to troubleshoot. 

Regards,

Craig