Views
Helpful
Replies

TEMPer USB Thermometer and IOX on CGR1120

luknagy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to measure the temperatue with TEMPer USB Thermometer, using 1 USB port on my CGR1120. This port is mapped to the GOS and device is correctly discovered with dmesg. As a next step, I have found that it can be used in Linux, using libusb 0.1 library and I also found a C code, ready for getting the temperature ( code from Relavak labs: http://www.relavak.com/downloads/temper-1.0.tgz ). So I have compiled the code with static linking, so I can bring the libusb within binary and moved the binary to GOS. However, I only recieve error messages after running the binary:

root@CGR1000-GOS-1:/software/temper-sw# ./temper

Found device: 1130:660c

Found deviceNum 0

Trying to detach kernel driver

Device already detached

Device already detached

TemperCreate: Broken pipe

I tried the same binary on another Linux machine, with same architecture i686 and it worked flawlessly. So I assumed it must be something platform specific, maybe something in Yocto or kernel?

I know the information is very vague, but I am completely new to low-level programming and I don't really know where to work on fix.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2 Replies 2

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lukas,

As CGR1120 is running Yocto Linux on an X86 processor, generally speaking it should be working for the applications built from a general Linux with kernel of 3.8 or above.

Regarding your case, you'd better do some debug (usb_set_debug(x)), and add some print information in the source code to get the exact point of failure. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I do some testing around this case. The Thermometer is correctly detected by kernel and I can see the configuration of the usb device. But when I sending something via usb_control_msg() (https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/usb/API-usb-control-msg.html) I still getting: connection timeout. When the timeout is set to 0 the program never ends. I am not sure if this issue is kernel or hardware or what can I do next.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.