cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

we are getting spf permerror sending mail to gmail and some domains on CES and O365

murat001
Level 4
Level 4

hi All

we are using CES and office365 integration together and some our mails could not delivered to the receiver. we are getting below error for gmail and  some other domains

gmail error ;

spf=permerror (google.com: permanent error in processing during lookup of user@ourdomain.com207.54.xx.xx.spf.xxx.eu.iphmx.com not found)

smtp.mailfrom=user@ourdomain.com

Received-SPF: permerror (google.com: permanent error in processing during lookup of user@ourdomain.com207.54.xx.xx.spf.xxxx.eu.iphmx.com not found) client-ip=207.54.xx.xx;

and the another receiver domain error is below ;

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-'5.7.1 Error: invalid sender by SPF from 207.54.xx.xx

currently our spf record is below ;

v=spf1 -exists:%{i}.spf.xxx.eu.iphmx.com ip4:207.54.xx.xx ip4:207.54.xx.xx ~all

example domain is ; ourdomain.com

we also check with SPF record  checker tools and seems no problem  

could you please hep us for this issue  and required SPF record?

Thanks 

BR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

murat001
Level 4
Level 4

after adding include:_spf.google.com in our spf record the problem resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Murat,

PermErrors normally occur if there's too many required recursive lookups or there's something out of place in the SPF records; while i checked your record as well it looks correct on some validators - however I cannot confirm how strict google is; it looks like you're using the defaulted CES allocated SPF record except you added an - to the front of the exist syntax.

Referring to RFC (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7208#page-25) it looks like exists should be as a value without anything before it.

While the online validators may accept it; can we have that removed to check the results.

Regards,

Mathew

murat001
Level 4
Level 4

after adding include:_spf.google.com in our spf record the problem resolved.