cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a Global speed dial to all phones on the CUCM cluster without effecting existing phone config

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way that we can Add a Global speed dial to all phones on the CUCM cluster without effecting existing phone config i.e. add the IT Helpdesk speed dial of 5555 to line 5 of the phone button template so it shows on the phone line. This will need to be updated on all existing registered phones and any new phones that are being added. 

Thank you so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, no easier native way to do this, another approach would be to develop an tool that makes changes via AXL, but you would need to include logic to identify what phone button templates are used and how to shift things, etc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no magic way to do it, except for updating all phones, i.e. export phones, update phone button template if needed to accommodate new SD, add the SD to line 5 and re-import using BAT.

I'd probably configure a translation pattern to do that and just tell everyone what they need to dial.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The way i read the question the help desk already has easy 5555 extension, so not sure how a translation would simplify this.

Yes Chris you seem to be on the right track, instead updating a speed dial on individual phones manually it seems the only way to accomplish this is though BAT which can be done easily enough when adding phones in BAT but how about existing phones I have to do a full export off all phones then read add/update them again what a nightnare! to update a single global speed dial that everyone uses. 

The requirement is pretty simple Company A wants to add the SAME speed dial to all phones in their organisation i.e. The IT Helpdesk,  becasue they don't want to navigate the corporate directory every time to find the telephone number. This needs to be done to all new phones which is easy enough (BAT or manually adding a phone) but for phones that are already registered i.e. Over 2000 phones it's not so easy? Only through an export this can be done right?

Thank you all!

Correct, no easier native way to do this, another approach would be to develop an tool that makes changes via AXL, but you would need to include logic to identify what phone button templates are used and how to shift things, etc.