cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Abbreviated Dialing

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

We want to configure Abbreviated Dialing for Cisco Jabber, meaning when the user presses a short code say 7 or 4 he will be able to dial a longer admin configurable number.

I have checked CUCM > Cisco Unified Reporting > Unified CM Phone Feature List > Cisco Unified Client Services Framework > Abbreviated Dial, and i was able to see it in the list, this means it's supported for Cisco Jabber for Windows right?

Then i tried to configure it as i do on any IP phone by clicking the "Add a New SD" in the Phone button template but there wasn't any in Cisco Jabber phone button template and i cannot modify it to add "Add a new SD", so i used Device > Phone > CSF Phone > Related Links > Add/Update Speed Dials, so now it's configured (i think).

For IP phones we were able to utilize this feature by using "AbbrDial" softkey but what about Cisco Jabber for Windows, how can we use it, i tried to hold the keypad button with the Abbreviated code & pressing the Abbreviated Dial code then # but nothing works.

I will appreciate if anyone could provide any idea on how to make this work or whether it's even supported since it's not motioned anywhere also in the Jabber Deployment Guide.

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I wouldn't say, that just because the feature is in the list in the Reporting section, the feature is available. The feature list is always the same, regardless which product you choose.
As there is nothing mentioned in the Jabber feature configuration guide, I would say, this is not implemented.

One way you could simulate this feature, is by using translation patterns.
But depending on your dial-plan setup, everybody could use these TP's.

But why not just use contact cards in Jabber as "speed dials" or "abbreviate dial"? If you have a new number, just add a new contact and dial it when you need to.

Thanks

I think we will go with the Custom Contact or Translation Pattern with Urgent Priority (We might need to do a little CSS customization here depending on who will use the pattern) however what i find confusing isthe part regarding the "Unified CM Phone Feature List" if it's not considered a reference on which a feature is supported for a certain device or not, then what's even for, especially when i tried the same report for Abbreviated Dialing but with Cisco Jabber for Android the feature didn't show on the feature list in that case.

AFAIK Jabber does not support Abbreviated dialing.

Response Signature