Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Single Domain 2 Seperate Expressways

mikee2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer using HCS. As part of this we set up Expressway for them during the first lockdown for them to be able to use Jabber remotely for voice only (no IM&P). They use the same domain name internally and externally e.g. abc.com Another part of the business has it's own on prem CUCM cluster with agents on UCCX. We had a solution for them to be able to use Jabber on the HCS system but still leveraging the IVR side of the contact center but this has been a bit problematic at times and has been difficult to troubleshoot issues. They now have requested a separate Expressway so they can go back to using Finesse but now with Jabber. This leads to my question, obviously the domain is the same, abc.com. Will this be possible? Can you have 2 different Expressways where the internal and external domains are the same bearing in mind we have 2 separate CUCM clusters? I have some thoughts how this may be possible to do this but I cant find any specific documentation for this scenario.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Vinoth Sankar
Level 1
Level 1

Do anyone has a solution for this.

Can we use 2 Expressway clusters for 2 CUCM and IMP clusters on the same domain,

For example,

domain - abc.com.sa

CUCM & IMP - we have 2 clusters, one for Call center agents and another for Corporate users 

Both agents and corporate usres are configured on same domain abc.com.sa. Handled by AD.

Can we have 2 Expressway cluster on top of 2 CUCM & IMP clusters to access from the outside company network?

If we will install 2 Expressway cluster, then how it will be segregate the users on AD to route it to exact cluster.

if user user.abc.com.sa want to login call center cluster and user1.abc.com.sa want tp login corporate cluster. how it will route from AD to expressway.

Not all of what you ask is possible, you cannot have two separate MRA Expressways serving the same domain. However the MRA Expressway will use UDS, User Data Services, to find where the user is set as Home Cluster. So you're CMs need to be in the same ILS network as that enables them to share this information between themselves. With this information the MRA Expressway will know where to address the communication based on the user that connects. So the part with multiple CM clusters are doable.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger.

I have understood that 2 MRA cluster for one domain is not supported to handle 2 CUCM & IMP Cluster's user logins.

Instaed, we can use one Exressway cluster to manage 2 CUCM & IMP cluster's user login.

Correct. You can as well use multiple MRA Expressway instances, as long as they are setup as one single system unit so that the SRV record points to both of them. It’s two different MRA systems that you cannot have.

Response Signature