cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calls T1 CAS MGCP to CUCM 14 Fail "Call Cannot Be completed"

Jim Matuska
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from Callmanager 10.x to 14.x Inbound Calls from Cisco 2811 Routers running T1 CAS MGCP to CUCM 14 Fail with the voice prompt "Call Cannot Be completed as dialed".  Debugs on the gateway show calls received and digits sent to CUCM but CUCM never seem to get the calls.  These are on older 2811 routers at two different sites and only affect T1 CAS.  2811's running PRI circuits work fine.  Because these routers are so old Cisco only is providing limited support and haven't had any luck finding the issue.  Has anyone run into this issue and have any ideas/suggestions?  Outbound calls work without issue.  

7 Replies 7

Are this router model even in the compatible matrix for CM 14?

Response Signature

No, it isn't but there still is an option to add the 2811's in CM 14 and I have a couple more 2811's that are working fine although with PRI's rather than T1 CAS.  Just looking for a workaround that will work until I can get upgraded circuits and/or routers.  

Yes I am aware of that, however those gateways are still listed as an option to add in CUCM 14 and I have other 2800's that are working fine with PRI's and not T1 CAS.  Looking if anyone figured out a workaround to get this working with T1 CAS.  Concerned that even if I do get new routers I will have the same issue with CUCM 14 and T1 CAS.  

You can configure your router to use SIP on the CUCM side and T1 on the carrier side. 

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

From what I can tell it’s not on the compatible matrix. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

Hi, Can you please define the steps in simple words I am kind of newbie so its difficult to understand a technical process, I am facing same situation on my https://thebabiespace.com/ project, I will be thankful to you. Regards

The steps for what? If you can outline what it is that you’re asking about it would be easier to give you an answer.

Response Signature