cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator audio devices

Kevin Beale
Level 1
Level 1

We have a virtual sound device that does not show in the list of available audio devices on Windows 7 machines 32 and 64-bit versions.  In order to have more than the just "Default Windows Audio Device" to show as available audio devices on Windows 7, we have to run IP Communicator in Vista SP2 compatibility mode, but the virtual sound device is not part of the list.  The virtual sound device does show in the list of available audio devices on XP.

Has anyone else run into this problem with Windows 7 not showing all available audio devices?

10 Replies 10

Kevin Beale
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention this is with versions 8.6.2.0 and 8.6.3.0 of IP Communicator.

Hi Kevin,

What are virtual sound device ? I was just refering Release notes but did not find anything related to Virtual Devices.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_5/english/release_notes/CIPC_Release_Notes_8_6.pdf

regds,

aman

Aman,

We have an application that is logging into UCCE (version 8.5) via CTI OS.  The application is used to control IP Communicator (or physical Cisco phone).  We needed a way to play a greeting to the caller when the call is answered.  Since our application does not have the audio we have to "blend" the greeting with the audio of the call using a 3rd party virtual sound driver.  This works fine with IP Communicator on Windows XP, but we cannot seem to select the audio device on Windows 7.

Do you know how the lists of available audio devices are populated in IP Communicator?  Are there certain criteria for audio devices for them to display in the audio devices lists?

Hi Kevin,

I have understood the requirement .It is more or less similar to Personalized Agent Greeting.

Can us share the snapshot of IPC on Windows XP where u get option of VirtualSound Driver ?

Let me try to find out if I can get info ,

regds,

aman

Aman,

The virtual sound driver we are using is called e2eSoft VAudio.

Aman,

Another question is why doesn't the pc's sound card show in the list of available audio devices?  The sound card is working normally, but does not show in the list of available devices within IP Communicator.

Hi Kevin,

I was just checking the e2eSoft VSC card and is supported on Windows7 platform as well.

Is the e2eSoft VSC properly installed in Windows 7?

Can u cross-check by following Control Panel----> Sounds and Audio Devices -----Audio TAB ? Please check whether VSC card is appearing in Drop Down options?

regds,

aman

Aman,

Yes, e2eSoft does show in Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices in both XP and Windows 7.

Hi Kevin,

I am in a fix what to suggest now .I have been looking for supported Audio Devices since morning but could not find.

Can we ask Cisco SE to help on this ?

regds,

aman

Hi,

Try configuring the e2eSoft virtual card as the Windows default sound and/or communication device; then, configure and select "Default Audio Windows Device" in the CIPC preferences.

Regards,

Gary