cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No answer ring issue

infrastructure
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 12.5, I have a Line Group with 3 users, top down then hunt pilot to VM.  The RNA Reversion Timeout is set to 15 (per Cisco).  One of my users (the first in the line group) sent me a message saying that incoming calls ring to her phone about 10 times before going to the 2nd user where it rings once then goes to VM.   I am simply trying to have it ring fewer times at the first user and the same number of times at each of the other two users before going to VM.  I know this is probably super simple but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. 

Brent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You'll want to increase the Maximum Hunt Timer on the Hunt Pilot. That timer is used by CUCM to determine the maximum seconds a call can hunt before rolling to the final forwarding behavior, even if there are remaining Line Group members available. Three users at 15 seconds each will have you setting that to 45 seconds.

And it is impossible for it to be ringing 10 times. The shortest ringtone on Cisco is 2 seconds, so it's ringing maybe 7 times, then hits the 15 second RNA timer, then rings once on the second member's phone, then rings for 1 second, then hits the Max Hunt Timer and rolls to voicemail.

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

On the Hunt Pilot, what is the Maximum Hunt Timer?

And are you saying that the Line Group is set with an RNA Timer of 15 but the call is ringing on the first Line Group Member's phone for 10 full rings (which would be something like 30 seconds)?

Maren

infrastructure
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, that is what the user is telling me.  "It rings like 10 times on my phone and then goes to Mary (second in the line group) and rings about once..."

And the Hunt Pilot Maximum Hunt Timer is 16 on the "Forward Hunt No Answer" then goes to the VM Hunt Pilot.

You'll want to increase the Maximum Hunt Timer on the Hunt Pilot. That timer is used by CUCM to determine the maximum seconds a call can hunt before rolling to the final forwarding behavior, even if there are remaining Line Group members available. Three users at 15 seconds each will have you setting that to 45 seconds.

And it is impossible for it to be ringing 10 times. The shortest ringtone on Cisco is 2 seconds, so it's ringing maybe 7 times, then hits the 15 second RNA timer, then rings once on the second member's phone, then rings for 1 second, then hits the Max Hunt Timer and rolls to voicemail.

Maren

infrastructure
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much!!

Brent