Views
Helpful
Replies

Options on ISR 4000 series

Zhomart Asken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I have question regarding router configuration in CCW. Basically Voice models automatically go with UC license, for example SL-4330-UC-K9. Also we have options in "Unified Communications" field where there are FL-CME and FL-SRST options. The question is do i have to choose one of them to enable the voice functionality? Is it the way router knows in which mode it works or it is only for additional phone licenses?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Zhomart,

SL-4330-UC-K9 is the basic license to activate unified communications features on the Cisco 4000 Series platforms in order to use the router for UC purpose as a voice gateway, CME or SRST gateway. FL-CME and FL-SRST are the device licenses which are paper licenses (honor based licenses) which states the number of devices you could register in CME or during SRST. These licenses cant be installed.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts by clicking the stars below

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Zhomart,

SL-4330-UC-K9 is the basic license to activate unified communications features on the Cisco 4000 Series platforms in order to use the router for UC purpose as a voice gateway, CME or SRST gateway. FL-CME and FL-SRST are the device licenses which are paper licenses (honor based licenses) which states the number of devices you could register in CME or during SRST. These licenses cant be installed.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts by clicking the stars below

Thanks! So basically router serves it's capable amount of devices without purchasing any of these licenses? It is good for low budget companies(I understand that they are honor based though).

Well UC license is needed to enable some of the voice commands. But FL-CME is strictly honor based. You can register devices without that but you cannot get cisco support if you run into any issues.