Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone button compatibility in CUCM 10.5

Flexcom99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I try to understand something about the phone button template in 10.5.

It seems that we can now select a phone button template of a 8945 model for instance to apply on a 7962 model (screenshot1).

But, you can't do this for all kind of phones (69XX series or 99XX series as I noticed on screenshot2).

How do you know which models can support the multi selection ? Tried to find out but no luck so far.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Fabian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

It looks related to the Extension mobility equivalency and Size Safe features as described here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_011000.html#CUCM_RF_EDCB3C30_00

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

Only the following Cisco IP phone models  supports multi-selection. Rest all other phone models have specific their Phone button template.

Cisco 7906
Cisco 7941
Cisco 7941G-GE
Cisco 7942
Cisco 7945
Cisco 7961
Cisco 7961G-GE
Cisco 7962
Cisco 7965
Cisco 7970
Cisco 7971
Cisco 7975
Cisco IP Communicator

That's primarily because all of the above phones are inter-operable with EM. If the Device profile is created with any of the above models, then user can login with EM on any of the phone models specified above and their will not be any compatibility issues.

For rest of the phone models, If somebody wants use EM with a specific phone model, then we have to create the device profile for the user using same Phone model.

I hope this helps.

~Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

It looks related to the Extension mobility equivalency and Size Safe features as described here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_011000.html#CUCM_RF_EDCB3C30_00

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish, it helped a lot.

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

Only the following Cisco IP phone models  supports multi-selection. Rest all other phone models have specific their Phone button template.

Cisco 7906
Cisco 7941
Cisco 7941G-GE
Cisco 7942
Cisco 7945
Cisco 7961
Cisco 7961G-GE
Cisco 7962
Cisco 7965
Cisco 7970
Cisco 7971
Cisco 7975
Cisco IP Communicator

That's primarily because all of the above phones are inter-operable with EM. If the Device profile is created with any of the above models, then user can login with EM on any of the phone models specified above and their will not be any compatibility issues.

For rest of the phone models, If somebody wants use EM with a specific phone model, then we have to create the device profile for the user using same Phone model.

I hope this helps.

~Amit