cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Calls to VM During a Certain Time

Admin Eastland
Level 1
Level 1

I work with Call Manager and the original design has callers calling into the automated attendant and from there secretaries could process the calls further. They did not want dial by extension from the main AA because they didn't want to have phones ringing in classes while the teacher was teaching.

They now want to get it configured to dial by extension, but if the caller is calling in to a teacher extension during class time the phone should just go directly to VM. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this and could help because while I have an idea of some of what I think it may take to make it happen I'm not sure what all it takes?? A document would even help.

Thanks Much.

8 Replies 8

Hi there,

You could look into time of day routing, here's an older discussion about it. You can be very granular, but it does add complexity to your day to day activities. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/54501/how-configure-time-day-routing-communications-manager

Thanks,

FG

This document appears to tie it to a hunt pilot. I need to apply it to select numbers in the district i.e. only teachers. The rest can accept calls. I'm sure part of this is a solution, but I would need to apply it to about 250 phones so a pilot is not best unless I'm missing something.

I hunt pilot is just a call routing entity, just like a DN, or a route pattern. You can apply time of day routing to DNs too, it is based on the partition that they are in. 

This will be no easy, one click solution, but if implemented properly you could get it to work. I would create partitions for the teachers that need it, if you they have different schedules, then you would need to create more partitions to be able to group them differently. 

There is no question that this solution is very complex, I would recommend carefully reading the documentation. 

Thanks,

FG

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could also simply set the schedules in CUC to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This too seems like a global solution. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you choose which schedule to use per user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry, but where???

Admin Eastland
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply's. I really appreciate it.

I would also like to note that the phones are not really grouped into anything really easy to apply a policy to. We typically issue 6945's to teachers, and 9951's to admin type staff. With that said we DO have non-teachers using 6945 phones that we would not want to apply that VM policy to. Would this be something that in order to get all of the teachers in one group to apply a policy that I would need to set up an LDAP group to identify them as teachers in order to apply a "class is in session" VM policy? 

Thanks again