cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR not working with hunt group

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to add single number reach capabilities to DNs in a hunt group used for emergency support. SNR works as expected when dialing the associated DN directly, both the desk phone and the remote destination ring. However, when calling the hunt pilot number that has the DN in its line group only the desk phone rings. The call is not extended to the remote destination. 

Configuration is as follows:

• The UCM version is 12.5.1SU4 (12.5.1.14900-63)
  • SNR has been configured and functional for several users and DNs for 2+ years, including the test DN and RDP
  • The remote destination wait timer is set for zero seconds
  • The line group RNA reversion timer is set for 30 seconds
  • For testing purposes, only one DN is in the line group

Any suggestions before I open a TAC case?

13 Replies 13

Mobile Connect, or Single Number Reach as it’s better known as, is not designed to work with hunt pilots from what I know. It does from my experience work if you use broadcast as the distribution algorithm on the hunt pilot.

Response Signature

Thanks. Unfortunately changing the distribution algorithm doesn't resolve the issue, the call is still not extended. 

Start troubleshooting at the GW(s) do you see the call being made?, if yes, what do you send and what does the telco reply?

If not, you go back to CUCM and look at the traces to see what is going on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

We are using a similar setup and it is working with no issues.

Hunt Pilot - Hunt List w/ 1 line group - Line group (broadcast w/ 20 second RNA Reversion) with 6 DNs

2 of the DNs are on the same cluster and those DNs have SNR on them to cell phones (no issues with the routing to cell phones).  The other 4 are SNR direct (i.e.no phone associated just a CTI port configured).  The timers we have set are Wait 1 second and Delay 4 seconds.  Stop ringing is 19 seconds.

Have you tried adjusting your timers?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

I've adjusted the timers but no change. It doesn't appear to be a timing issue as there's no call setup to our PSTN gateway (answer to Jaime's question). I only looked at the q.931 traffic on the PSTN side, I'll have to debug the voip side and look at UCM traces. I think I'll try the CTI port + SNR option as well. 

Jabber for mobile over MRA is an option to avoid SNR altogether. We definitely ran into timing issues with hunt groups and the Jabber mobile client during pandemic lockdown. Not sure if that was related to push notification services, client version, etc., but it wasn't 100% reliable at that time. 

Have you verified that SNR is working in the first place, like when you dial the number?

In the original post the OP wrote “SNR works as expected when dialing the associated DN directly, both the desk phone and the remote destination ring.”, so as per this yes it works.

Response Signature

My bad, Roger. I obviously didn't read the OP as thoroughly as I thought. -- Maren

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Did you open a TAC in the end?  Looks like we might be hitting same issue on V14

Yes, but the problem was something that I should have caught to begin with. The line I was testing with was shared on Jabber CSF and Jabber mobile clients but only the CSF client was logged into the hunt group. The test line gets used for a lot of scenarios and wasn't set back to a clean start. The hunt group now successfully extends calls via SNR using CTI, Jabber, and 88XX phone.

So the "Logged Into HuntGroup" was unticked on the Jabber Client or IP Phone and that stopped it ringing the SNR extension assigned to the same extension?

victor.ortizDD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Yes for sure you have to tick the logged into HuntGroup on all devices associated to that DN. 

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

I have something similar built here where we have 5 agents who each telework 1 day a week but still needed to take support calls.  So I built out their SNRs from their agent lines; say 7840 thru 7844 to go to their personal Cell phones to the schedule they requested.  They also have SSO to the SCP to change their own schedules as required.  Their RDP is built out and associated to their 784x number.  Their RD is pointing to their Cell Number, Wait 4.0, Delay 1.5, and RNA is set to 25 so the call rolls back to our Unity to leave a voicemail in the main Mailbox as all 784x numbers are listed as MUI's and Alternate extensions to the box.

For the Hunt associated, we first have a front end DN (7275) that routes to a Unity SCH to play a quick recording with a few options, then it transfers to the Hunt pilot (7277) for Agent interaction.  The pilot is set up with 1 HL that forwards unanswered calls to the VM DN (7276) with a maximum hunt timer of 90.  The HL has 2 LGs - LG1 is for the guy who prefers taking calls over working emails or Team Messages, LG2 is the rest of the Agents.  LG1 & LG2 have an RNA of 25 with hunt options are try next member, then try next group.

On the actual Agent desk phones, I built a custom phone button template that installed Their 784X DN as line 1 and a Hunt Group Logout button in position 3 of their 7841 endpoints.  We found through trial and error that this was the best way for them to log in and out of the hunt vs getting into call manager as they tended to forget constantly.   And since that is the ONLY endpoint associated with the Agent DN it makes it much simpler.  Perhaps you could change the softphone DN to a different number and just add it into the hunt?  Just spitballing here.

Rob