Views
Helpful
Replies

updateLocation question

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to disassociate Call Manager locations via AXL updateLocation but can't seem to get it working.  I've tried sending updateLocation with:

- No 'betweenLocations' element

- Empty 'betweenLocations' element

- No 'betweenLocation' element

- Empty 'betweenLocation' element

Afterward, the location association and bandwidth settings from the locationmatrix table remain.  Is it possible to remove the location mapping via updateLocation?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

Please try this one

<ns:updateLocation sequence="1">

<name>Phantom</name>

<betweenLocations>    //You need to check this

<betweenLocation>     

<locationName>

<uuid>{C7E2C026-54B3-55DD-A0A2-D649501F9929}</uuid>  //uuid of Phantom

</locationName>

<weight> Your value </weight>

<audioBandwidth> Your value </audioBandwidth>

<videoBandwidth> Your value </videoBandwidth>

<immersiveBandwidth> Your value </immersiveBandwidth>

</betweenLocation>

</betweenLocations>

</ns:updateLocation>

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

Thuy,

Thank you for the assistance.  I've done a little more troubleshooting and have discovered a little 'quirk' in this API.

We're preparing to move our clusters to a 'Location and Link Management Cluster' Inter-Cluster ELCAC design with SME and need to update a few hundred location relationships, mainly with Hub_None.  What I've discovered is that when using the API and passing in the empty <betweenLocations/> tag, it only produces updates based on a 'forward' lookup of the locationmatrix table.  For instance:

Given location123 and location789 in the locationmatrix table as fklocation_a = location123 and fklocation_b = location789, if I call updateLocation on location789 with an empty <betweenLocations/> tag, the relationship will persist because the API updates the relationship only from location_a to location_b ('forward') and not in 'reverse'.  So, the locations I was trying to update were most likely assigned from the Hub_None page, with Hub_None as fklocation_a and so the update were not applied. 

FWIW, here's the API call that does work when making an update in the 'forward' direction.

<ns1:updateLocation>

<name>location123</name>

<withinAudioBandwidth>0</withinAudioBandwidth>

<withinVideoBandwidth>0</withinVideoBandwidth>

<withinImmersiveKbits>0</withinImmersiveKbits>

<betweenLocations/>

</ns1:updateLocation>

I wonder if this was intentional or a glitch, since you can update the relationship from either side in the GUI?

Marty