cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CloudCenter 4.7.1: You have reached your maximum allowed login failure attempt limits.

davilin2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having strange issues logging into my CloudCenter Manager (CCM) running version 4.7.1 using the admin@cliqrtech.com account starting today.  

I was logged in to it all day and after logging out for some time then logging back, I got a message saying "You have reached your maximum allowed login failure attempt limits."

The password has not been changed and tried clearing my browser cache to no avail.

What's odd is, after some time, I'm able to log back into the CCM.

Any reason what may be causing this?

David

7 Replies 7

Vladimir Sirma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

CCM UI has by default log-out time out of 15 mins. So I question myself how u weren't log out in a first place.

Can you give output of /usr/local/cliqr/etc/version and also

grep 'MAX_ALLOWED_FAILURE_ATTEMT_LIMIT' -r /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/

?

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks again.

**********************     OUTPUT   **************************

[root@cliqr-centos7-base-image etc]# more /usr/local/cliqr/etc/version
[root@cliqr-centos7-base-image etc]#
[root@cliqr-centos7-base-image etc]# grep 'MAX_ALLOWED_FAILURE_ATTEMT_LIMIT' -r /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/views/account/login.jsp: <p id="errorMsg" class="msg msg-err"><i class="icon-exclamation-sign"></i><spring:message code="login.MAX_ALLOWED_FAILURE_ATTEMT_LIMIT" text="change me" /></p>

**********************     End of Output  *************************

Screenshot is also attached.

The problem hasn't occured after clearing all checkboxes under my Chrome browser's browsing data in the Security settings under the Advanced settings.  

But this may not be related so I'll keep monitoring.

David 

Hello David,

Which browser do you use?

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

I'm using Chrome version 57.0.2987.133 as of this writing.

When I checked the version just morning, Chrome automatically upgraded to this for me.

The screenshots and output I provided earlier were taken in Chrome running version 56.0.2924.87.

Unfortunately, the problem is still present after the version upgrade. Clearing the browsing data doesn't seem to help so I can rule that out as a workaround.

I also tried logging into the CCM using Firefox and Internet Explore with similar results.  

If I wait long enough (I haven't timed it), I'm eventually able to log back into the CCM.

Attached is a screenshot of the output you requested last time. Looks similar as before.  I'm scratching my head on this one.  Fortunately, this is a non-production environment.

David

H David,

I was trying to reproduce your issue on CC 4.7.2, however I'm always able to logout/login (using Opera 43.0.2442.1165 latest). 

Can you give steps to reproduce?

kr,

Vladimir

After rebooting the CCM, the problem hasn't come back.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the problem. 

Deepak Sukhiya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

The setting is controlled via file mgmt.properties located at /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF on CCM machine.

The default settings are set to maxFailedLoginAttempts=10 and accountAutoUnlockMinutes=10.

Not exactly sure of why this happened to you. BTW the default idle timeout is set to 15 minutes controlled via web.xml located at the same location.

<session-timeout>15</session-timeout>

Regards,
Deepak