Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding second interface on ISE-PIC Virtual Appliance

Jamie Cho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

Here is a question before deploying the task and I can not run a lab.

The ISE-PIC virtual appliance has only one interface (G0) on our ESXi at the moment and we are going to add another interface to use(G1). I see there is no interface information within ISE-PIC GUI and under node information, there is an IP address(G0 interface IP address). I understand that ISE-PIC only shows management IP address.

The first interface (G0) will be used for management access and FMC PxGrid connection (because FMC is sit in G0's network ).

The question is even though G1 not visible within ISE-PIC GUI(or ISE application), can I still use G1 interface IP address to get ISE-PIC and DNS/DC to communicate each other by adding a static route to reach DNS/DC through G1 interface? 

Simply put, can ISE-PIC app is able to use the multiple interfaces + static route configured within CLI?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is good quesiton, most of the business required this, as per the document and deployment, you have limited access tro make changes using CLI (technically possible over command line, but when you do changes, how the confirm retained question)

i would suggest to  raise an TAC case for this requirement and take their advise here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE-PIC uses the same ISE admin CLI as ISE so it should work. I would suggest going ahead and trying it. Too bad you can't do it in a lab first. Anyhow, do schedule a maintenance window.