Views
Helpful
Replies

Aruba manual URL redirect

ankverma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Aruba manual URL redirect.

I understand that for any kind of URL redirection with Aruba WLC, static URL is used and configured in Aruba Captive portal. Dynamic URL is not supported in Aruba and ISE Integration. This URL is generated by ISE after creating authorization profile.

In the format, we need to modify above URL and insert Primary PSN FQDN inplace of “iseHost”. E.g psn1.ise.com. Now if psn1.ise.com goes down, administrator needs to modify URL manully on Aruba with secondary PSN FQDN. E.g psn2.ise.com.

Cisco URL redirect

Cisco devices support dynamic URL redirection. URL will be generated by ISE automatically based on radius request destined to PSN server. So if Authentication request goes to primary PSN (psn1.ise.com), ISE will modify the URL and will present it to switch/wlc.

Q : My customer wants this should work like cisco in Aruba as well to avoid any manually changes in case of PSN failures. How can we achieve this ? If not, is there a roadmap to fulfil this requirement ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a limitation that you experience when using Aruba wireless.  Since Aruba does not support Dynamic URL Redirect, there is nothing that ISE can to to force them to.

However, you can use a Virtual IP behind a Load Balancer to mitigate this.  If your customer does not use a Load Balancer, then there are other options via DNS.  Check THIS LINK on how to accomplish this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a limitation that you experience when using Aruba wireless.  Since Aruba does not support Dynamic URL Redirect, there is nothing that ISE can to to force them to.

However, you can use a Virtual IP behind a Load Balancer to mitigate this.  If your customer does not use a Load Balancer, then there are other options via DNS.  Check THIS LINK on how to accomplish this.

I heard that a later release of Aruba supports Dynamic URL Redirects?

Does Cisco have any information on which release?