Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE and Oracle DB integration. Fetch Attribute Function

murat001
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

I try to make external identity ODBC integration with Oracle and ISE. and we have a table like following. According to this table i need to get framed-ip-address as attribute for return to the atuhenticated users. how it should be fetch attribute function or procedure in oracle db.  How should i change example function on the ISE according to example table ? 

table ; 

murat001_0-1683873342832.png

Examle Fetch Atrribute. 

create or replace function Retrieve-ATTRIBUTE

(

ise_username IN VARCHAR2,

ise_result OUT int

) return sys_refcursor as

BEGIN

declare

c integer;                      //     should the c variable be integer or different (like boolen etc.)                     

resultSet SYS_REFCURSOR;

begin

select count(*) into c from USERS where USERS.USERNAME = ise_username;   // according the  screenshot of example table is this line correct?

if c > 0 then

ise_result := 0;

open resultSet for select 'green' as 'eye_color', 1 as 'floor', 'true' as 'is_certified' from dual;   //  how can i change this line for i can get framed-ip-address column as attribute ? 

ELSE

ise_result := 3;

open resultSet for select 0 from dual where 1=2;

END IF;

return resultSet;

end;

END ;

thanks for your help ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

To retrieve the "framed-ip-address" attribute from the "USERS" table, you can modify the "SELECT" statement in the function as follows:
  SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;

This statement will select the "framed-ip-address" attribute from the "USERS" table where the "USERNAME" matches the "ise_username" parameter.

You can then modify the "OPEN" statement to return the "resultSet" cursor with the "framed-ip-address" attribute as follows:
   OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;

The "c" variable can remain an integer as it is used to check if the username exists in the table.
             So the modified function would look something like this:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION Retrieve_ATTRIBUTE (
         ise_result OUT INT
 ) RETURN SYS_REFCURSOR AS
      resultSet SYS_REFCURSOR;
BEGIN
         DECLARE
             c INTEGER;
        BEGIN
      SELECT COUNT(*) INTO c FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;
      IF c > 0 THEN
              OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME =               ise_username;
       ELSE
             OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT 0 FROM dual WHERE 1 = 2;
     END IF;
     RETURN resultSet;
   END;
END;

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

To retrieve the "framed-ip-address" attribute from the "USERS" table, you can modify the "SELECT" statement in the function as follows:
  SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;

This statement will select the "framed-ip-address" attribute from the "USERS" table where the "USERNAME" matches the "ise_username" parameter.

You can then modify the "OPEN" statement to return the "resultSet" cursor with the "framed-ip-address" attribute as follows:
   OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;

The "c" variable can remain an integer as it is used to check if the username exists in the table.
             So the modified function would look something like this:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION Retrieve_ATTRIBUTE (
         ise_result OUT INT
 ) RETURN SYS_REFCURSOR AS
      resultSet SYS_REFCURSOR;
BEGIN
         DECLARE
             c INTEGER;
        BEGIN
      SELECT COUNT(*) INTO c FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = ise_username;
      IF c > 0 THEN
              OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS as "framed-ip-address" FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME =               ise_username;
       ELSE
             OPEN resultSet FOR SELECT 0 FROM dual WHERE 1 = 2;
     END IF;
     RETURN resultSet;
   END;
END;

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks you so much marce. i will try it. I really appreciated for your quick response.