cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export ISE Internal User with password

bgajadar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer running ISE 2.4p8 and they would like to know if it is possible to use a custom script to retrieve internal user information along with password in clear text? Within ISE GUI the data is visible upon export with the exception of the password being encrypted.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can confirm with TAC but as far as i know you won't be and to see it even using API as soon as the user changes it.
If you setup a password for an account and define the password must be changed, you were able to get it using API and then right after the user changed it, it will be encrypted. I believe still working that way on latest releases (not tested anymore since a while).

This would be a high security risk of someone can export them.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can confirm with TAC but as far as i know you won't be and to see it even using API as soon as the user changes it.
If you setup a password for an account and define the password must be changed, you were able to get it using API and then right after the user changed it, it will be encrypted. I believe still working that way on latest releases (not tested anymore since a while).

This would be a high security risk of someone can export them.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question