cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 roadmap for gold image

mnabeel@ciso.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need recommendation for whether we need to go with ISE 2.7 for the new ISE deployments ? or shall we stick to the 2.6 patch 2 as gold image ?

What are the road maps for ISE 2.7, we don't need to stuck with upgrade once we get into productions after a month.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2.6 introduced the lightweight session directory, if that's all you're after, then 2.6 would be suitable.  

LSD wouldn't change the way that I design an ISE deployment at this point.  It's still not a replacement for deployment connectivity.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Official Cisco recommended release is 2.6 for new deployments unless you need a feature in 2.7

2.6 and 2.7 are both a long term release.  This is contrary to the odd/even numbering outlined some time ago. 
Nobody can give you an answer to this conundrum- you need to test and make sure it works for your use cases. 

Thanks for your response, actually this particular project I am doing wireless integration with Aruba where we might avoid the posturing with redirection method and use call home list, I see that LSD enhancement in 2.7 that could help me out on call home list scenarios. Any suggestions particularly for LSD feature.

2.6 introduced the lightweight session directory, if that's all you're after, then 2.6 would be suitable.  

LSD wouldn't change the way that I design an ISE deployment at this point.  It's still not a replacement for deployment connectivity.