cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE API Custom Attributes Search

avanbeus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,  I am looking for any direction on being able to leverage either the ERS API or pxGrid in order to search based on custom attributes (version 2.4). For instance, if I created an attribute called "rack" that was of integer value and wanted to find all the resources located in rack 235.  Is there a way to search for 235 in the custom attribute "rack" without having to pull every resource via id and running a separate query on the results (doesn't scale)?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. ISE has no external API to provide a list of endpoints on matching an endpoint custom attribute value.

View solution in original post

Andreas Falk
Level 1
Level 1

@avanbeus wrote:

Hello,  I am looking for any direction on being able to leverage either the ERS API or pxGrid in order to search based on custom attributes (version 2.4). For instance, if I created an attribute called "rack" that was of integer value and wanted to find all the resources located in rack 235.  Is there a way to search for 235 in the custom attribute "rack" without having to pull every resource via id and running a separate query on the results (doesn't scale)?

Thank you

We have that "limitation" too.

To get around that "limitation" we have an external RESTAPI that we do all the searching and normal day usage in. (in dev) :D
And that one "syncs" with the ERS api to our ISE.

But now today we hit another problem with Custom Attributes, but that's another story :)

--
Regards Falk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will have to use bulk operation to retrieve and lookup the attribute you want to match on using API.

Thank you for the response. Are you able to get based on a custom attribute? My understanding is you can only get an endpoint by ID, Name, or All. Custom attributes are not a listed supported filter type if I leveraged the get all API.

You are correct. ISE has no external API to provide a list of endpoints on matching an endpoint custom attribute value.

Andreas Falk
Level 1
Level 1

@avanbeus wrote:

Thank you

We have that "limitation" too.

To get around that "limitation" we have an external RESTAPI that we do all the searching and normal day usage in. (in dev) :D
And that one "syncs" with the ERS api to our ISE.

But now today we hit another problem with Custom Attributes, but that's another story :)

--
Regards Falk