Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Guest flow

VVVENKAT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Got a query regarding ISE Self-registration portal and sponsored portal.

We are integrating ISE with Meraki AP and customer would like to have Guest self-registration  for APs in certain sites and follow sponsored guest access for APs in different set of sites. We should be able to achieve this by creating different AuthZ policies based on Called-station-ID / NAD and assign appropriate portal URL in authorization profiles.

However is it possible to have both the  Guest self-registration and sponsored guest access flow in a site? I am not sure how we would be able to identify which guest / device needs which portal.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Many Thanks

V.Venkata Manikandan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A self registration portal can handle bury sponsored and self registering guests

A single said will be fine

If the user already has instructions via text or email from the sponsor then they will know how to login

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can redirect the user to correct portal based on the SSID they  use.

I suggest you go through the guest links here- ISE Guest & Web Authentication

Thanks for the response. In this scenario, there is only one guest SSID for which self-registration and sponsored guest access is needed. so we would not be able to redirect to a portal based on SSIDs.

Did you check the special flow section in the link I provided. -

ISE Guest Web Auth Portal with Get Quick Access (Hotspot) button

This talks about single portal for different types of user access.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Thanks a lot Nidhi for the quick response. This single portal which has embedded creds is definitely helpful. Do you by any chance have the script for embedding self-registration into the same portal or any pointers?

TIA

Many Thanks

V.Venkata Manikandan

I've embedded link to Hotspot portal with Sponsored Guest Portal in the past so that there is only default web redirection page.

Guests who do not have guest credentials then clicked on the hotspot page and were redirected to Hotspot portal.

I had to just refer the hotspot portal URL by its portal-id in the sponsored guest portal.

I am sure the same would work in your case

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A self registration portal can handle bury sponsored and self registering guests

A single said will be fine

If the user already has instructions via text or email from the sponsor then they will know how to login