cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE not sending guest credentials to guest email address

aravikumar
Level 1
Level 1

ISE is not able to send guest credentials on email after the guests registers on the self registered guest portal.

The SMTP is configured on ISE

The guest access email address is set to use sponsored email

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the ISE Log is this generated email, also check your SMTP Server, is this email sent to guest email.

also worth check in the spam folder.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

ISE doesn't have an easy "send test email" function (it's buried in the web portal design pages) - but even that is not a great test because the FROM field is not configurable - I have observed that many mail servers will refuse to send that email on to the recipient, becaues the FROM looks suspect. So instead, I tend to test SMTP using the email feature in Alarm Logging. e.g. add a recipient to the "Configuration Changed" Alarm - then make a change and check your inbox. Again, if the mail server only allows sending to certain domains then you need to be aware of that. But in the case of guest you should be allowing all domains.

Doing a tcpdump on the PSN node is also helpful to see what the comms look like between ISE and SMTP server

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the ISE Log is this generated email, also check your SMTP Server, is this email sent to guest email.

also worth check in the spam folder.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ISE doesn't have an easy "send test email" function (it's buried in the web portal design pages) - but even that is not a great test because the FROM field is not configurable - I have observed that many mail servers will refuse to send that email on to the recipient, becaues the FROM looks suspect. So instead, I tend to test SMTP using the email feature in Alarm Logging. e.g. add a recipient to the "Configuration Changed" Alarm - then make a change and check your inbox. Again, if the mail server only allows sending to certain domains then you need to be aware of that. But in the case of guest you should be allowing all domains.

Doing a tcpdump on the PSN node is also helpful to see what the comms look like between ISE and SMTP server