Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE v2.4 context visibility issue

Rey-
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

We have two ISE nodes deployed (I believe in distributed model). They are running v2.4.0.357 (with ISE patch v2). When browsing to the context visibility, we get the following error:

ise-error1.jpg

Has anyone run into this same error?

I noticed another discussion with a similar post, but seems a bit different than this one. Was trying to get further info, so when accessing the ISE cli, tried a couple of cmds.

Here is output I see from ISE cli about the application status:

ise-output1.jpg

Is the above indicative of expected behavior?

In the tech zone article, came across this:

https://techzone.cisco.com/t5/Identity-Services-Engine-ISE/Context-Visibility-Issues-in-latest-2-x-patches/ta-p/1160469

but based on techzone, when I enter the ISE cli and check the application ise-elasticsearch.log, I don't see the same errors. So not sure if it could be related or something very different.

Is there a way to access the ISE linux shell?

Is a patch or ISE re-install needed?

(note, I didn't update or patch the ISE. if this is needed, does anyone have guidance on where I can access the patches)

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rey-
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks everyone for the help. We figured out what the problem was. So we are using two ISE nodes (primary and secondary) and it seems like the secondary had it's system/trusted certs installed correctly, but the primary ISE node somehow didn't have its trusted cert added correctly. So we went to system certs, exported and reimported via the trusted certs. This fixed the context visibility issue.

We didn't need to reset ISE or reinstall or patch anything further.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anthonylofreso
Level 4
Level 4

I have not encountered this. Although we run ISE 2.2 vs 2.4 so I may not be the best to answer.

Just going off the error message you show here... what does your Administration > System > Certificates page look like? Trusted & System Certs.

This is what we have for now..

ise-systemcerts.jpg

and

ise-trustedcerts.jpg

Could it be something we are missing?

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kelvin-
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, One reason this can occur is due to not having PTR records on the DNS Server for the nodes. Please check the Forward and Reverse DNS entries and see if this resolves the issue. Thanks Kelvin

Rey-
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks everyone for the help. We figured out what the problem was. So we are using two ISE nodes (primary and secondary) and it seems like the secondary had it's system/trusted certs installed correctly, but the primary ISE node somehow didn't have its trusted cert added correctly. So we went to system certs, exported and reimported via the trusted certs. This fixed the context visibility issue.

We didn't need to reset ISE or reinstall or patch anything further.

HI Rey 

all system certificates exported and imported?

I'm here 2.6.0.156 v01 suffer from the same problem