cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question- Is there a way to pre-stage a patch.

Kevin S Hatch
Level 1
Level 1

example..... ISE 2.7 currently on patch 2. have limited bandwidth to DR admin/PSN/MNT nodes. the Primary PAN can take up to 25-30 minutes just to push the patch to them one of the devices, during the upgrade process, then Install time. (x number devices)

Question is - Can you stage the patch earlier on these devices and have the upgrade process use the staged files?  if so, how?

Many thanks to the community,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, if you're willing to do the patching via the CLI, which is the better way anyways if you ask me. I'll use 2.7 patch 4 as my example but it's the same with any patch file. 

1. Log in to the CLI of each ISE node
  2. Copy the patch file to local disk on each node with the CLI command
    "copy ftp://<ftp server ip>/<folder path>/ise-patchbundle-2.7.0.356-Patch4-21060807.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:"
  3. Create a repository that points at disk:
    repo.JPG
  4. Patch the Primary Admin Node first with the CLI command
    "patch install ise-patchbundle-2.7.0.356-Patch4-21060807.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk"
  5. Then patch the remaining nodes in any order you want with the same CLI command. The patch install command only runs on the node you run it on. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, if you're willing to do the patching via the CLI, which is the better way anyways if you ask me. I'll use 2.7 patch 4 as my example but it's the same with any patch file. 

1. Log in to the CLI of each ISE node
  2. Copy the patch file to local disk on each node with the CLI command
    "copy ftp://<ftp server ip>/<folder path>/ise-patchbundle-2.7.0.356-Patch4-21060807.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:"
  3. Create a repository that points at disk:
    repo.JPG
  4. Patch the Primary Admin Node first with the CLI command
    "patch install ise-patchbundle-2.7.0.356-Patch4-21060807.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk"
  5. Then patch the remaining nodes in any order you want with the same CLI command. The patch install command only runs on the node you run it on.