Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restart licensing?

So, I have an odd issue. ISE is not tallying licensing and apparently it has not been for about a week.I'm hoping I can just restart something without having to reboot the system.

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is not a known issue in ISE 2.3, while CSCuz53660 is a known issue is in ISE 2.1.

If you are using smart licensing, I found a previous TAC case on ISE 2.2 resolved

... by switching to traditional licensing, deleting the Eval Licenses, and then enabling Smart Licensing again.

Please engage Cisco TAC to debug it further.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I've tried application start ise, but that didn't seem to restart it.

Version is 2.3

Hi Dustin,

Have you tried different browsers and problem is the same?. Not suggesting it is browser related but wanted to make sure it is not related to browser compatibility.

Cisco Identity Services Engine Network Component Compatibility, Release 2.2 - Cisco

Are you saying you have active users in the network using ISE?

Please visit the ordering guide to see how ISE consumes licenses.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

Thanks

Krishnan

Usually use chrome, but firefox doesn't work either.

We do use ISE for wireless and starting to use for wired. Plan should only use base licenses on wired, but can't tell since I can't see usage.

Mainly trying to see what it uses vs what the doc says it will use so we order correctly.

This is not a known issue in ISE 2.3, while CSCuz53660 is a known issue is in ISE 2.1.

If you are using smart licensing, I found a previous TAC case on ISE 2.2 resolved

... by switching to traditional licensing, deleting the Eval Licenses, and then enabling Smart Licensing again.

Please engage Cisco TAC to debug it further.

Thanks, I do have a TAC open, just thought I may find an answer here sometimes.

We are using traditional licensing.