cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 - SNMPv3 can´t get CPU, memory info.

edeloscobos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 deployment with Catalyst 2960S switches. Switches are running IOS 15.0(2) SE2. All switches have SNMPv2 configured, and all appears to be fine. I'm migrating one switch to SNMPv3, and PI have reachability to the switch, but PI doesn´t receive traps from the switch, and neither poll CPU and memory information (all displays 0.00%).

Somebody have a sample configuration of SNMPv3 with Cisco Prime (Infrastructure or LMS)? I cannot find a Cisco official (or unofficial) document related to this version, usually all mention SNMPv2.

Thank you.

Eduardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eduardo:

SNMPv3 is indeed supported for general administration.  There's a bug with SWIM using SNMPv3 (CSCud92758), but you should be fine for just monitoring.  Have you deleted the switch, waited until Prime Infrastructure told you it was gone, then readded it as SNMPv3 natively?  Bug CSCug78869 keeps things from working well when changing SNMP versions. 

If you don't have the new Update-1 patch for Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20 installed (filename PI_1.3.0.20_Update_1-12.tar.gz) installed, I'd suggest you get it.  While it's not going to specifically address this issue, there are a lot of really good fixes in it.

Release Notes for Update 1 for Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eduardo:

SNMPv3 is indeed supported for general administration.  There's a bug with SWIM using SNMPv3 (CSCud92758), but you should be fine for just monitoring.  Have you deleted the switch, waited until Prime Infrastructure told you it was gone, then readded it as SNMPv3 natively?  Bug CSCug78869 keeps things from working well when changing SNMP versions. 

If you don't have the new Update-1 patch for Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20 installed (filename PI_1.3.0.20_Update_1-12.tar.gz) installed, I'd suggest you get it.  While it's not going to specifically address this issue, there are a lot of really good fixes in it.

Release Notes for Update 1 for Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20

Hi Rollin,

Thank you for the workaround and Bug info. I'm already running the 1.3.0.20 release, and I just execute the workaround, deleting the device from the Work Center, and running the discovery process again for this device, and now I obtain the info (CPU, memory and all) from the device.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards.