cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4k Netflow not sending data

lvl3mp
Level 1
Level 1

I've got 15+ Cisco ISR 4000's (a mix of 4331s and 4551s) in our network and when trying to setup Netflow to PRTG, It seems that when I hit 5 interfaces that need to be monitored, there is always 1 that won't come up in PRTG and that doesn't send data. I've got all 5 ports setup with the same config (using separate ports for each interface we want to monitor) and 4 of the 5 will come up, or they will all come up and then 1 will go down within PRTG. If I clear the counters on the flow stats, it will sit at 0, not sending any packets. Below is an example:

router#show flow exporter NetFlow-to-PRTG-gig_0_0_0.800 stat
Flow Exporter NetFlow-to-PRTG-gig_0_0_0.800:
Packet send statistics (last cleared 00:24:32 ago):
Successfully sent: 0 (0 bytes)

Client send statistics:
Client: Flow Monitor NetFlow-Monitor
Records added: 0
Bytes added: 0

My per-interface exporter looks like this for all interfaces, except each one is sending on a different port:

flow exporter NetFlow-to-PRTG-gig_0_0_0.800
description Exports NetFlow to PRTG
destination 10.81.X.X
source GigabitEthernet0/0/0.200
transport udp 2058
template data timeout 120

It seems like once I hit netflow for 5 ports, then one of them doesn't work however its not consistent across all routers. Some routers will have all 5 monitored in PRTG, others will only allow 4 to come up. We have a mix of 4331 and 4551s however it doesn't seem to matter the model or code level. It happens on some and not the others. I'm at a complete loss as to what is going on and why a port will send netflow packets and then suddenly stop.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what IOS / IOS XE code running on the device.

can you post full NetFlow config :

or i use same config as below for Switches and routers works as expected :

https://www.balajibandi.com/?p=1383

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

it used to be that due to FPGA limitations Netflow only allows for 1Gigabit of traffic, not sure if that is still the case. Maybe your problem is related. How much traffic is being sent according to PRTG ? Do you hit that (presumed) 1 Gigabit level ?