Helpful
Replies

Active and Standby Failover-----Active/Active &Standby/stand FAilover

arshad_cisco86
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Kindly suggest (A)

I configured Active (ASA1) and Standby(ASA2) failover, both are working fine .

Q.....When I shut the ASA1 and when it will come in ok position must be active. Kindly suggest ,is it posible or not .if yes, suggest commnad by which it can change it's state .

Kindly suggest (B)

I configured Active/Active (ASA1)and standby/standby(ASA2) Failover, both are working fine ,Now i want to make it as Active/Standby (ASA1) and Active/Standby (ASA2) ..Means i want change context either in active or standby according to requirmet .

Regards

Arshad Ayub

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arshad,

1: On ASA the Active device continues to be in Active state unless you manually trigger failover or the conditions for failover are met in the network. In other words there is no preemtion in terms of active firewall.

2: Your second requirement seems to be Active/Active configuration of ASA. This supported in multicontext mode. In this mode you can create groups of context and choose individual units to have either or all groups in active state.

Refer following link for more details about failover:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa91/configuration/general/asa_91_general_config/ha_failover.html

Thanks,

Rishabh Seth

PS: Rate if it helps and mark answer as correct if it resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arshad,

1: On ASA the Active device continues to be in Active state unless you manually trigger failover or the conditions for failover are met in the network. In other words there is no preemtion in terms of active firewall.

2: Your second requirement seems to be Active/Active configuration of ASA. This supported in multicontext mode. In this mode you can create groups of context and choose individual units to have either or all groups in active state.

Refer following link for more details about failover:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa91/configuration/general/asa_91_general_config/ha_failover.html

Thanks,

Rishabh Seth

PS: Rate if it helps and mark answer as correct if it resolves your issue.

Hi Rishabh,

well supported for me

Thanks

Regards

Arshad Ayub

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card