cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 & Object-groups

Adam Hudson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 and have just started using object-groups which are super handy in theory, but not working in reality. I have a service object-group with a mix of tcp, icmp, and udp ports. Let's call it Sample_Port_Group. I'm trying to apply it to my dmz_access_in ACL. Here's the line giving me problems:

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group Sample_Port_Group 192.168.1.1 any

The asa throws up an error between 192.168.1.1 and any. When I put up a ? after Sample_Port_Group, it gives me the option of putting in an IP address, any, etc. When I put in a ? after 192.168.1.1, it only gives me the option of putting in an IP address.

Going off these posts:

- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00800d641d.shtml

- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa81/config/guide/nwaccess.html

Those posts gave me the impression my line was possible, especially the "access-list outsideacl extended permit object-group myaclog interface inside any" line, which is at the end of the 2nd article linked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kampmalm2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam!

You are doing it right, you are just missing on little keyword.

The line should be as this:

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group Sample_Port_Group host 192.168.1.1 any

or you could specify the subnetmask as:

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group Sample_Port_Group 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255 any

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kampmalm2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam!

You are doing it right, you are just missing on little keyword.

The line should be as this:

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group Sample_Port_Group host 192.168.1.1 any

or you could specify the subnetmask as:

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group Sample_Port_Group 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255 any

Regards

That was simple, thanks for another pair of eyes to take a look at it!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card