Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA 5525 no Policy-Route

KyleHB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently studying Policy Based Routing on our CISCO ASA 5525. I have read that you need a license to do such command on the ASA which I checked and found that it has a License with the "show activation-key". When I tried to apply my route-map to the outside interface of the ASA, the "policy-route route-map <WORD>" command is not found.

ASA Version: 8.6(1)2

Now, the question is, is there such a thing like FREE License and a PAID License? Because I think that would be the cause that the PBR feature is not present on our ASA.

Also, is there any other way I could force route some of my inside subnet to another route outside without using PBR? 

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You would need to upgrade, it is supported in 9.4 onwards, no special license is needed:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa94/release/notes/asarn94.html

HTH
AJ

View solution in original post

Hello,

In theory, no impact since the version you are running and the versions till date have same NAT and access-list format. The only major change that happened was in 8.3 and you are already past that stage.

HTH

AJ

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You would need to upgrade, it is supported in 9.4 onwards, no special license is needed:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa94/release/notes/asarn94.html

HTH
AJ

Will the upgrading of version affect the current config of the router? Or will it have any negative effect in theory?

Thanks!

Hello,

In theory, no impact since the version you are running and the versions till date have same NAT and access-list format. The only major change that happened was in 8.3 and you are already past that stage.

HTH

AJ

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card