cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSWA transparent mode with L4 switch

sir_yrwins
Level 1
Level 1

for CSWA cisco secure web appliance in transparent mode.
I know that you have to implement L4 switch and create a policy? I don't know why, can someone please get me a explanation why.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don’t need to implement an L4 switch. You need to implement *any* technology that can redirect the traffic to the proxy. It doesn’t matter if it is WCCP, PBR, or L4 switching (which most of the time is PBR anyhow). Just remember that in a transparent setup, the client has no proxy configured and doesn’t send the traffic to the proxy on its own. The network needs to take care of this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was not sure what you looking to do - may be worth post some diagram and use case so we can advise, for now check this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/web-security/transparent-mode-using-l4-switch/td-p/1282339

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You don’t need to implement an L4 switch. You need to implement *any* technology that can redirect the traffic to the proxy. It doesn’t matter if it is WCCP, PBR, or L4 switching (which most of the time is PBR anyhow). Just remember that in a transparent setup, the client has no proxy configured and doesn’t send the traffic to the proxy on its own. The network needs to take care of this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card